January 28, 2014

Jason's Deli

Ever since I was introduced to Jason's Deli this summer, I have been obsessed! Specifically with the "Nutty Mixed-Up Salad." Every time I have the choice of where to go to lunch, Jason's Deli is usually at the top of my list. The Nutty Mixed-Up Salad is paleo-friendly - Just order it without the feta cheese and dressing on the side which you won't even need. This salad is AWESOME!


But, the most recent time I was at Jason's Deli, I dared to be adventurous and got something new. My order: Salad Bar with 4oz. of grilled chicken. They have an awesome selection of vegetables and seeds. My salad was composed of spring greens, mushrooms, cucumbers (my favorite!), tomatoes, a hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds, the AWESOME trail mix that's on top of the Nutty Mixed-Up Salad (walnuts, dried cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds), almonds and a few apples on the side. I got a tiny cup (from the ice cream section) of Balsamic Vinaigrette to dip when needed. Other applicable toppings I remember being available were bell peppers and olives, and you can also get 4 oz. of wild salmon to go on your salad (SUPER-PALEO!). And for those of us usually dining with non-paleo friends, they have free ice cream (which used to be really exciting)! Oh, and the salad bar is unlimited. I was so full! Tip #2: Salads are your friend (and food, for you Nemo fans).

3/7/2014 Update: My order: Nutty Mixed Up Salad; I forgot to order it without cheese, so I picked off most of it. And, I stocked up on trail mix from the salad bar.

4/30/2014 Update: My order: Salad Bar (lettuce, hard-boiled egg, red peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, peas, sunflower seeds, mushrooms, broccoli & a small bit of balsamic dressing) with a Cup of Organic Vegetable Soup; The soup was perfect for a rainy day. Surprisingly, it doesn't have rice or noodles or anything like that. It does have beans and corn, but those were easy to eat around. Yum!

Jason's Deli Menu 

No comments:

Post a Comment