February 8, 2014

Chipotle & Local Coffee Shop

Source: Wikipedia
A few friends and I met up at Chipotle for lunch before the baking contest. Chipotle gets a round of applause for the amount of paleo options on their menu!

You can order a Bowl or Salad of any filling (beef, chicken, steak, etc.). The salad is probably a better option because they'll give you a lettuce base, rather than a bowl that might end up semi-empty due to the lack of rice. Top it with any combination of lettuce, salsa (Mild, Medium, or Hot salsas are fine; just stay away from the Roasted Corn Salsa.), fajita vegetables and guacamole! Beware: The steak is pretty spicy. You can ask for a sample to see if you can tolerate the spice.

My order: Salad with chicken, fajita veggies, mild salsa, medium salsa on the side & dressing on the side. I asked what was in the dressing and was just told it's chipotle honey vinaigrette. I dipped my fork in it a few times but didn't use much. You don't really need it because the other stuff has so much flavor on its own, but the dressing actually tasted really good.

Chipotle Menu - I was really impressed with Chipotle's website and the information available. They have information on the ingredients of everything on their menu.

Then,  I went and sat with five friends while they ate at least 5 cupcakes each at the baking contest. Good news: 1) My sister was there for paleo and self-control support. Paleo's unite! 2) My cookies won first place!
I made it to the gym for a quick workout before another business meeting... Today's edition featured a local coffee shop. I really don't drink coffee, but I do love chai and green tea. Green tea is always safe, but it is hard to come by a coffee shop that doesn't use a chai concentrate for the chai latte. Note: Ask what is in a shop's chai latte. If the base is chai tea, good! If it is a concentrate, be weary. I am a little sad thinking of allll of those Starbucks Chai Latte's I drank in my pre-paleo time... So. Much. Sugar. I actually thought going into this shop that I could order a chai latte, but come to find out they make theirs with a "chai powder" that has sugar. Or, I could get a sugar-free version with Splenda. No, thank you. However, they do get a few points in my book because they had almond milk!! So, I ordered a SMALL iced coffee with about 1/3 almond milk. Nothing too exciting, but it was paleo. :)

Red Eye Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment