February 1, 2014

Crepevine

The weather today was finally warmer than 65 degrees! It wasn't the prettiest of days, but I was thankful to walk around comfortably in jeans and a t-shirt. (Granted, I had a sweatshirt in tow just in case.) After an event, a few friends and I went to lunch on our walk home. Crepevine is a more local place which is starting to branch out. I believe they just started their first franchise across the state. Basically, the menu consists of sandwich-like fillings which are stuffed in the center of a hot crepe. They're actually pretty good. My roommate opted for the strawberry, banana and whipped cream-filled crepe topped with chocolate syrup and Nutella. Really, I think I should have made him sit at a different table, so I didn't have to look at it the whole time. But, since I did... I figured you could join in on the fun... You're welcome.

Credit: www.thecrepevine.com
On that note, just a small sidebar about the adjustment process to paleo: I've grown into the mindset where I'm not just "on some diet" and "can't eat" x, y and z. It's become more of a way of life, and it's only been three weeks. So, for you new fellow paleos, there is hope. But, I have to tell on myself. I cheated pretty bad this morning. I went to breakfast with my boss after a night out and had two eggs, turkey sausage, and here's the kicker: french toast for breakfast. Honestly, I wouldn't do it again. Three weeks away from its last dose of gluten, wheat and sugar - my stomach was immediately upset. And, I have felt bloated all day. Lesson learned: "Cheating" is not all it's cracked up to be after all. So, really, I'm not too sure I would have eaten "the gilberto" if given the chance.

My order: Make your own salad with chicken; spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, tomatoes, onions I tried to get banana peppers, but they were out. And, I thought I was being a creative genius when I told the nice man making my salad to put buffalo sauce (Frank's Red Hot) on my salad... buffalo chicken salad, right? Mid-way through the salad I had to drink my roommate's water because mine was gone, and I didn't think I had enough time to get to the water fountain and refill it before my mouth burst into flames. Not kidding, it was painful. After every bite, I doused my mouth in water. But, if you're a fan of spicy - This is the lunch for you. If not, go with the Make your own salad option, and use oil and vinegar which is what my sister did.

Crepevine Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment