February 21, 2014

First Fruitbowl Friday!

I think my fruit bowl is a source of joy for me. Seeing the bright colors of fresh fruit on the counter every day can make you so happy, even doing the dishes. It adds so much color to the room! And, it's always so vibrant after a trip to the grocery store. Each week it looks different, depending on the week's menu and featured ingredients. So, every Friday I will post the week's fruitbowl with a menu of the meals I planned for the week. I'll include links to any recipes I used from other blogs and any comments about them - Successes will go into the Recipe Book. Happy First Fruitbowl Friday!

This week's Menu:
  • Breakfasts: Fresh Peach Muffins and Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with fresh strawberries & banana
    • The muffins were really good. I added about 1 tsp. cinnamon to the batter which I think added a lot of flavor. 
    • I used coconut milk in the pudding rather than almond milk and included the maple syrup. Quick, easy & delicious!
  • Saturday lunch: Garden Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing* (Recipe in Potluck post)
  • Sunday night dinner: BBQ Chicken with broccoli; Dessert: Honey Roasted Peaches (adapted recipe in Recipe Book
    • The Honey Roasted Peaches are seriously the best thing I've had in a long time. So yummy and fresh!
  • Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday lunch: Broccoli Almond Salad*
    • LOVE this recipe! It is so out of the ordinary and delicious. The recipe makes a lot, so you'll have lunch for the week. I didn't put olives in it because I'm not a fan. I used turkey bacon and rice vinegar instead of white wine vinegar. (Also in Recipe Book)
  • Monday dinner: Grilled Pineapple Turkey Burgers with Salad; Dessert: Honey Roasted Peaches (Recipe Book)
    • Grilled Pineapple Turkey Burgers
    • The grilled pineapple adds so much flavor to the turkey burgers! I used coconut aminos instead of liquid aminos. They were great! We can't stop eating the honey roasted peaches, though... They're SO yummy.
  • Tuesday dinner: Ribeye with Roasted Asparagus & Red Wine Garlic Mushrooms; Dessert: Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Recipe Book)
  • Ribeye w/ Asparagus & Mushrooms
    • I used this method for cooking the steaks. It was wonderful!
    • The asparagus was drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic powder & then roasted in the oven at 375 for about 12 minutes.
    • The pudding is an easy and yummy use of ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
  • Thursday lunch: Tuna with avocado, red onion & tomato with red bell pepper strips
    • I never thought I'd see the day when red peppers would be sweet. 
*Recipes that can be packed and taken to work/school

No comments:

Post a Comment