February 28, 2014

Fruitbowl Friday

Peaches were on sale this week, and I had to really use some self-control to not buy 5 of them - one for dessert every night. I decided that I had enough dessert last week and they would go on sale again... Not sure if that was the best decision I've ever made. Those dang Honey Roasted Peaches (Recipe Book) are SO good. This week's fruitbowl is not as colorful because a lot went in the fridge - strawberries, carrots, romaine, kale. But, I have to say, we had an awesome week of meals!
  • Breakfasts: Paleo Strawberry Muffins and Banana Chia Seed Pudding (Recipe Book)
    • I used coconut oil instead of ghee in the muffins. This is another great muffin recipe that uses fresh fruit. And, they're so pretty with the red strawberries.
    • You can't go wrong with this pudding... OMG.
  • Saturday & Sunday dinner: Turkey Chili (after being frozen; Recipe Book) and salad*
    • I simply used Balsamic Vinegar for dressing over spring mix, red onions & goat cheese.
  • Monday dinner: Roasted Greek Chicken & Sweet Potato Hash (Picture below)
    • This is one of my all-time favorite meals! It's one of those meals you can't stop eating/munching on while you're cleaning up. Everything is so fresh and flavorful!
  • Tuesday & Wednesday lunch: Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps (Recipe Book)
  • Tuesday dinner: Taco Tuesday; Tip #14: Use lettuce in place of tortillas for any recipe you like!
  • Wednesday dinner: Pecan Crusted Dijon Salmon with Sauteed Kale; Dessert: Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Recipe Book)
    • Pecan Crusted Dijon Salmon & Sauteed Kale
    • Yum, yum, yum! Both of these recipes were first-times for us and turned out great! My sister made dinner, so I can't say much as to the execution. But, she said they were pretty simple. This was my first time with kale, and I loved it! It is vinegar-y, in case that's not your thing... I'm sure you can just omit the vinegar. I found the kale recipe just by Googling "sauteed kale recipe."
  • Thursday lunch: Tuna salad over Romaine with Carrots*
    • My sister doesn't like the tuna and avocado, so I slightly adapted it. Here's what I mixed:
      • 2 cans tuna
      • 1 heaping tbs. mayonnaise
      • 1 avocado
      • 1 hard-boiled egg
      • 1 dill pickle, chopped
  • Thursday dinner: Asian Sesame Wings & Maple-glazed Carrots (Recipe Book)
    • I really liked how the carrots turned out, especially for using ghee for the first time! The wings were really good - although the baking powder gives a texture that is slightly off. I think using Arrowroot instead of baking powder could work as well. I used drumsticks rather than smaller wing-size pieces, but they were cooked through with the same amount of time.  
Roasted Greek Chicken & Sweet Potato Hash
    *Recipes that can be packed and taken to work/school

No comments:

Post a Comment