February 5, 2014

Get right back on the wagon!

"Energy and persistence conquer all things."
- Benjamin Franklin

As I mentioned a few days ago, I fell off the wagon this weekend and hit the ground pretty hard. Between 2 pieces of pizza, sushi (I ate some not-so-paleo tastes of others' food) and french toast, I was feeling the guilt. If you find yourself in a similar situation, don't give up. Your seat hasn't been taken. Just wake-up refreshed, drink your water and continue on the paleo path. You may experience some indigestion, stomach pain and/or bloating. It took me about 48 hours to rid myself of the side effects. I had a few days to recover before Weigh Day Wednesday, which I now consider a holiday, and was pleasantly surprised to see my weight only changed by 0.2 lbs from last Wednesday.

One bad meal will not kill you, and one good meal will not make you skinny. This is a commitment to lifestyle change. If you have to make a pit stop, get right back on the wagon. We'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment