February 9, 2014

Recycled Sweet Potato Fries

I told you I would not be able to stop thinking about sweet potato fries. It took me how long?... Two days? I picked up a side order of sweet potato fries on my way home from my meeting last night and had 1/2 of the order with a turkey burger for dinner. I ordered them without salt and added my own sea salt to them.

This morning I went for a trail run with a friend and my sister. Before my run, I made a quick smoothie. (We left at 7:30 for this run.) I threw this together on the fly because I am out of frozen and fresh fruit altogether, except 1.5 frozen bananas. This is what I came up with:
1/2 banana
1 cup almond milk
1 scoop protein powder (not paleo, Boo!)
2 tbs. almond butter

So, I came home and re-heated the other half of the sweet potato fries in the oven at about 400 for like 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I fried two eggs over-medium so the yolk was still runny (in coconut oil) and put them on top of the fries. This was inspired by a post I recently saw on Pinterest. It was AWESOME! I'm a little worried that I can get this many sweet potato fries within 1 block of my house for $5.00... That can't be a healthy reality.

Also check the Recipe Book for a new quick and easy lunch recipe - buffalo chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment