|Matcha powder with water (left) & Iced Green Tea (right)|
|Almond milk trick in action... See below.|
- Black Coffee - Iced or Hot
- Almond milk trick: Can't drink black coffee but don't have time to make your own in the morning? Be Smarter than Starbucks' lack of paleo-friendly options, and put some almond milk in a mug/cup before you go. Order black coffee in your own cup (BONUS: If you use your own cup, you save like $0.25.), and you have a perfectly (not black) paleo cup of coffee. This still saves time if you don't have time to make your own cup of coffee and need to get your caffeine for the day.
- Same goes for iced coffee!
- Add some cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Black Tea - Iced or Hot; Feel free to add honey or lemon juice! Bonus applicable.
- Green Tea - Iced or Hot; Feel free to add honey or lemon juice! BONUS: If you use your own cup, a hot cup of tea is only $0.43!
- Try this at home! Boxes of TAZO green tea (available in bags for hot tea (pictured left) and packs for iced tea (pictured right)) are available at grocery stores. For added paleo flavor, put about 1/2 cup lemon juice in the pitcher with the iced tea.
- Matcha powder with water, (idea from The Healthy Sooner)
- Venti = 3 scoops; Grande = 1-2 scoops; Tall = 1 scoop
- It really is $0.81!
- To order: "Can I please have [# of scoops] of matcha in a [size] cup of water?"
- Quick info on Matcha (from some research I did): It is a powder made by crushing the full green tea leaf, so you actually get a higher concentration of the nutrients that come from green tea. It does have caffeine; although the caffeine from matcha (and green tea) is "healthier" than that in coffee. It is processed differently in your blood stream and is slowly absorbed, causing a steady flow of energy without jitters or a crash.
- This is what Starbucks uses in their green tea latte, if you've ever had one. But, don't order that because it has a ton of milk!