February 2, 2014

Superbowl XLVIII Sunday

I was doing everything I could to not host for the big game, but my roommate and I have become default hosts within our law-school friend circle. And, my running buddy suggested a potluck. So, I threw in the towel, and we ended up hosting about 15 people. But, obviously I was going to have food I could eat! Here's what I came up with.What paleo snacks did you have for the game?
 
Chicken Wings: Buffalo Wild Wings Naked Mild/Medium wings

Salad: Italian lettuce mix, hard-boiled eggs, cucumber, tomatoes, and honey goat cheese with homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette and Honey Mustard dressings. (Recipes below.)
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries:
I used dark chocolate from WholeFoods with 62% cacao which was the highest I could find. Melt 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips with 1 tbs. coconut oil using either a microwave bowl or double boiler. Don't put it on direct heat, or the chocolate will burn and become un-dippable. If microwaving, do 1 minute on 60% power and then 15-30 second increments, stirring after each step until melted. Dip away, and refrigerate for the chocolate to harden. Yummy and paleo!

Oh, and my good friend who's doing his best to stick to paleo brought turkey burgers, which I dressed up with some avocado and grape tomatoes. Yum!
Salad Dressings: I made both of these to taste, so these are approximations of what I used. Feel free to adjust accordingly...

Honey Mustard:
1 tbs. dijon mustard
1 tsp. honey
5 tbs. olive oil (approx.)
1/2 tsp. lemon juice

Balsamic Vinaigrette:
3 tbs. balsamic vinegar
5 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. honey

No comments:

Post a Comment