March 28, 2014

Campout at Panera

I'm pretty sure I took resourceful to the next level last night. I was supposed to have dinner with a friend from school and then planned to meet another friend at Panera afterwards to study. The first friend had to cancel our dinner plans, so that meant more study time at Panera and vegetables in the fridge that needed to be eaten. So, I threw together three salads (Spring Mix and spinach, cucumber, grape tomatoes & red onions) and brought them with me - one for each friend. My friends at Panera were thankful for the fresh and healthy brainpower, and I was happy to share! I bought just "a bag of salad chicken" and asked for Classic salad dressing. Voila - a great salad!

I also wanted some hazlenut coffee, so I packed a thermos of almond milk and bought the right to fill my own cup. (Almond Milk Trick) Bonus: Bringing your own cup saves money. It was only $1.89. This hazlenut coffee is a new discovery to me, and I'm pretty sure it's bad news. I usually stay away from caffeine, and coffee makes me jittery and crazy. You can imagine how I felt after sitting at Panera for 3 hours and downing the equivalent of three cups of hazlenut coffee. But, every sip was wonderful.
 
I also packed almonds and Lindt 90% dark chocolate that I didn't end up eating, but those are easy study snacks to pack on-the-go

4/12/2014 Update: It's another Campout at Panera day. I brought a thermos of almond milk, a salad and an avocado (cubed). For breakfast, I ordered an egg (only $1.00) and ate it with 1/2 of the avocado. I also ordered a "travel-cup" refill of coffee and put it with the almond milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment