March 13, 2014

Conquered: Cauliflower Rice












This pantry purge is getting serious... I just had to put my new loaf pan to use, and somehow I had all the ingredients for this Whole Wheat Banana Bread in the pantry! I have never had a loaf come out so beautifully (and so easily). My aunt was right... The Le Creu addiction starts here. Oh, and then I remembered the Creamed Honey; so, the boys got fresh banana bread with creamed honey spread over it for dessert. I ate strawberry banana coconut milk ice cream (Recipe Book).

Anyways, on to the important stuff... A friend bought me lunch about a week ago and said I could cook him a paleo dinner in return. Challenge accepted.

I've been wanting to know what all this buzz is about cauliflower rice. To be honest, I didn't think it was possible to turn cauliflower into rice. But, I can tell you now, it is real. I did it. It was wonderful, and it's super easy! For dinner I made Garlic and Ginger Beef with Broccoli and cauliflower rice.

All you do for the cauliflower rice is chop a head of cauliflower into florets - they don't have to be tiny; just make sure it's in pieces. Then, use your food processor to grate it until it's the consistency of rice. It takes like two seconds. Here's a video to show you it's the real deal.
video

Then, add some heat to it. I put about a teaspoon of coconut oil a large sauce pan and heated the rice over low heat while I made the beef and broccoli. To add suitable flavor for this meal I added about 1.5 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to it which really gave the meal wonderful flavor.
Garlic & Ginger Beef with Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment