March 26, 2014

Fro Yo

There's this place in town called Yogurt Mountain, or "Yo Mo," that has become the universal spot for meeting friends, celebrating, late night snacks... really anything. Accordingly, a few friends and I went last night to celebrate a friend's initiation into our sorority. On a side note, if you're not up with the lingo of making everything into rhyming syllables, fro yo is frozen yogurt. And, you should try the lingo out... it's kind of fun.

My creation: Pecans, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Bananas & Shredded Coconut
When I heard we were getting "fro yo," I figured "OK, that's fine. I'll just watch them eat." I thought about grabbing Starbucks on the way so I wouldn't get FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) on a late-night treat. But, then my friend picked me up, so I didn't have the autonomy to stop by the 'Bucks on my way.

Then, I realized they have fruit on the Topping Bar, so I could just get a bowl of fruit... Little did I know how many paleo options they would actually have and the magical creation that would ensue. I started with nuts. The only nut option was pecans, so they went in first. Then the fruit... strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & a few banana slices. THEN I saw shredded coconut, so I put a blanket of that on top. That's it.

I thought this would end up being like $10.00 since you pay by the ounce, and fruit is so heavy. But, it ended up being under $4.00. Score!! Tip #19: Think outside the box when it seems like you're precluded from any and all fun... at a place like Yo Mo that prides itself on non-paleo fro yo.

This also reminded me of the dessert fruitbowl in the Sweet Tooth post.

No comments:

Post a Comment