March 30, 2014

Ice Cream

My mom found the old ice cream maker that we thought was lost. Lucky for me, she replaced it not too long ago; so, I get the recovered one! This is how I feel about now having an ice cream maker...
Source
I have so many recipes I plan to try. I shall continuously update this post as I try them... Until then, PLEASE report back if you try any wonderful ice cream creations before me. Here is my Paleo Desserts Pinterest board which has several ice cream recipes.

Paleo Ice Cream - My mom has made the French Vanilla, Strawberry Banana and Double Chocolate Chip ice cream. She made all three with coconut milk, and they are all perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth. My ranking of the three (They're all great!) is 1) Strawberry Banana 2) Double Chocolate 3) French Vanilla. The French Vanilla was almost too sweet; although, I did eat it with a ton of fruit. The Strawberry Banana is awesome!

Coconut Coffee Ice Cream with Magic Shell
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Ice Cream with Toasted Walnuts - When we were doing the grocery shopping for this, Trader Joe's had light coconut milk and extra thick coconut milk but no regular. We went with the extra thick coconut milk thinking it'd make the ice cream super creamy. It sounded good in theory. Instead, we think it contributed to the weird texture that resulted. The good news is it had great flavor, and the toasted walnuts are really great. I hadn't though to toast walnuts, even though I've toasted almost every other nut. This is a great recipe for fall! It's not super sweet; I poured about a tablespoon of pure maple syrup on top which really added flavor.



No comments:

Post a Comment