March 18, 2014

Nuts.com

My mom has been ordering from nuts.com for a while now, and I didn't think there was any way it could be that much better than going to the grocery store and getting nuts from the bulk section. Then, she got a free shipping offer and told me to tell her what I wanted because she's placing an order. After combing through their website, I'm convinced this is the holy land. And, how cute is the packaging?!
If you don't have a health food store nearby, or simply don't have the time to do intensive grocery shopping, this is the site for you. Also, they have a lot of products that are difficult to find in mainstream stores. They also have unique and creative snack mixes. And, they're prices are often lower than grocery store prices. For example, their 1 lb. package of almond flour is $7.99; whereas, I've been paying $12 for 1 lb. of Bob's Red Mill almond flour at my grocery store. Here are products we've tried (and I will continuously update it as new orders are placed/received/tested):
  • Dark Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts - These are awesome!
  • Dark Chocolate Covered Cashews - I didn't like these as much because the chocolate:cashew ratio is pretty high. I felt like I was just eating a ton of chocolate with some crunch.
  • Super Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds - You really can't go wrong with dark chocolate covered almonds.
  • Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
  • White Chocolate, Cacao Cashews - My mom didn't like these. I think they're okay; although, I think almost anything is edible.
  • Sprouted Spinach Pesto Mix - I was apprehensive about this, but it is really good! It is a different type of flavor from the most common snacks that are sweet because of fruit. This is more of a savory snack.
  • Organic Cacao Cashew Clusters - I really like these! My mom didn't like them, so she gave them to me; and, I love them! Somehow they taste banana-y.
  • Dark Chocolate Turbinado Sea Salt Almonds - These are awesome! Apparently turbinado is a paleo-friendly sweetener. My mom knows more about this than I do right now. I'll research and post about it soon. If it's true, that means you don't have to omit sweetener at Tropical Smoothie because they use turbinado.
  • Nutritional Yeast - Info on Nutritional Yeast
  • Natural Almond Flour ($7.99/lb) - I don't think I like this almond flour. It has done weird things to multiple recipes now. I think it's worth the extra money to buy Bob's Red Mill, especially if you're using it for baking.
  • Cacao Nibs - post coming soon on uses, health-benefits, taste, etc.
  • Sweet Potato Butter ($5.99/jar) - yummy, yummy, yummy!!! The ingredients are sweet potatoes and seasonings (and preservatives). It's great on paleo bread/toast!
  • Dried Apricots - They sent these as a sample, and I haven't tried them yet.
  • Roasted Almonds - These are roasted in peanut oil, so they're not paleo. My mom realized this and gave them to me. I guess she thought I wouldn't really care. But, I am going to give them to a friend who is semi-paleo. So, just a heads up!
  • Raisin Coconut Kale Granola ($6.99/4 oz. container) - on its way; I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment