March 9, 2014

Panera Bread

It's weird how Panera has gone from one of the best-sounding lunch places a few years ago to a place I've started to avoid. I feel like everything on their menu started to taste the same after a while, and a lot of their options are not so paleo-friendly. I mean, it does have "Bread" in the name... 

My mom (Whole 30 and paleo) orders this Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Roasted Turkey and says it's awesome, especially if you like pesto. Most of the power menu options are easily paleo-tized, and the salads aren't too difficult. You can always get the Classic Salad which I actually really enjoyed before going paleo. A friend who has been gluten-free for a while also went with me one time in my pre-paleo days and ordered just an egg. Obviously, that's not on their menu, but they were able to give her just an egg, like she wanted. I thought it was mildly strange at the time, but now I think it'd be one something I consider! It's funny how things change. 4/12/2014 Update: I ordered just an egg today. See the "Campout" post below for more.
Source

As far as coffee goes, they don't have almond milk. And, I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I've recently fallen in love with their Hazlenut coffee. I use my "Almond Milk Trick" every time and bring almond milk with me, then order a travel cup refill of coffee. More in the "Campout" post below. 

5/24/2014 Update: The Strawberry Chicken Poppyseed Salad is great! Order with dressing on the side and only use as needed.
 
Strawberry Chicken Poppyseed Salad with an Apple

Campout at Panera  - Going to Panera to camp-out for a while? Here are some tips on what to pack for meals/snacks.

Panera Bread Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment