March 6, 2014

Sweet Tooth

I don't know why, but sometimes I have a really hard time fighting off that craving for something sweet after dinner. How were our taste buds trained for this? It's like they won't go to sleep until they get something sweet after dinner, no matter how great dinner was. Well, a friend of mine, who actually inspired me throughout her journey of eating clean and training for marathons, came up with this yummy, all natural, paleo dessert bowl... strawberries, bananas, unsweetened shredded coconut & dark chocolate chips
How yummy does that look?! And, I've heard it's toddler-friendly for any moms out there. ;) When I made it, I melted the chocolate chips and drizzled it over the fruit - I used strawberries and blackberries instead of the bananas, just because of my supply at the time. Yummy! It was kind of cool because the cold fruit made the melted chocolate harden into a shell on some pieces. Mine was not as pretty as hers, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment