April 18, 2014

Broiled Grapefruit

I've been really into fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice lately. This week I got 5 grapefruit, and it only took 4 to fill my mason jar with juice, so the last one has been sitting in the fruit bowl. This recipe was the perfect way to use the last grapefruit. It was so yummy! I haven't sat down to eat a grapefruit since I was about 4. Shortly thereafter I was scarred for life because I soon came to find out that my dad had mistaken the salt for sugar. So for all you grapefruit skeptics, give them one more chance. There's nothing to lose. Plus, then have a ton of health benefits!

The bananas add so much flavor! I used ginger and cinnamon. Like the recipe says, play surgeon and make sure you separate all of the pieces and all of their edges from the membrane. It makes a big difference when you're trying to get the "meat" out.

No comments:

Post a Comment