For us paleos, it's one of the hardest-to-avoid fast food places because everyone else in the car starts celebrating at the idea. And we, like everyone else, have this view that it's better than any other drive-through. Therefore, we figure we can find something on the menu. That part is true, though. Yay!
I don't know if that sounded too cynical... it wasn't supposed to be; just pointing out that Chick-Fil-A and their team are geniuses for making us all think they're above the fast food classification. *Applause*
Anyway, here are paleo options at the "Home of the Original Chicken Sandwich"...
- Grilled Chicken Nuggets
- Fruit Cup
- Grilled Market Salad without cheese*
- Asian Salad with grilled chicken*
- *Italian Dressing is going to be your best bet. There's corn syrup in the Berry Balsamic dressing, and Soybean Oil is the main ingredient of the Apple Vinaigrette. I don't think you have to avoid them altogether, though. Just go super light on any dressing you order. Or, eat it without dressing!
- I know the Market Salad is just fine without dressing
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Just don't eat the bread.
- Update: A reader informed me that the chicken salad includes breaded products.
- Sausage Breakfast Burrito (unrolled and eaten with a fork) without cheese
- Sausage Platter without the biscuit*
- Bacon Platter without the biscuit*
- *Their eggs are not just eggs, as I'm sure you expected. I'd probably go with a fruit cup. But, if you won't be near protein any time soon, go with the other options. OR go to a gas station (usually on the same street as Chick-Fil-A, especially right off the highway) and get beef jerkey or hard-boiled eggs.