April 23, 2014

Coconut Chocolate Nut Clusters

Another final-exam-calorie-craving has been curbed! A friend and I were sitting at my table (Yes, I'm in the same chair as always.) trying to figure out if our craving for something semi-sweet, yet healthy, was worth a trip to Publix or WholeFoods; or, if the time it'd take to make that trip was too valuable to give up. Instead, we used what was in the pantry to successfully supply us with fuel for this Con Law Campout on which we've now embarked...

Coconut Chocolate Nut Clusters
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1-2 tbsp. coconut oil
~1/3 nuts, any kind - I used almonds and sliced almonds. Depending on the nuts you use, chop them to smaller pieces.
1/8 cup shredded coconut

Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together using either a double boiler or the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in nuts shredded coconut. Pour into lined mini muffin tins. Freeze for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!!

Oh, I also made my second pot of Chai Coffee (Recipe Book) as well... This stuff is too good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment