April 17, 2014

Experiment: Sesame-Crusted Tilapia

As I sat trying to outline Contracts, my mind [naturally] wandered off to dinner. I knew I was going to make tilapia with spinach and onions. But, I wanted to try something different with the tilapia. It's a fish of so many possibilities. I would argue that it's easier than salmon; well, at least more versatile. I spent some time on Google and decided I'd try to use some sort of sesame seed creation. Here's what I did:

garlic powder
ground ginger
honey
sesame oil
sesame seeds
pepper

I sprinkled the fish with garlic powder and ground ginger, then drizzled it with honey and sesame oil and sprinkled sesame seeds over top and finished with pepper. Then I baked it at 425 for about 8 minutes.

It was edible and quite tasty; although I don't think it's the best thing I've ever made. And, I think I could do better. I think next time I will omit the honey and use coconut aminos. I wanted to post about this though, so you know I'm testing things out just as much as everyone else. If you have made sesame-crusted tilapia and loved it, please post the recipe!

Sauteed Spinach & Onions
This is one of the best things to make when you are really trying to be clean. It acts as a detox and is full of nutrients.
coconut oil
1 onion, sliced
[a ton of] spinach 

Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add onions. Stir until tender and light brown. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add spinach and continue stirring until spinach is wilted.
There really isn't any science to how much spinach you should use or what the spinach:onion ratio should be. Keep in mind that the spinach will wilt and almost disappear, so it will seem like a lot at first. You can almost eat as much as you want of this, so don't worry about over-eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment