April 3, 2014

Kool Beanz Cafe

I've been told I have to try Kool Beanz, basically, since I moved here. I just never got around to it and, honestly, was intimidated by the menu because I felt like I didn't know what any of it really meant and I wouldn't know what I was actually ordering. After tonight, I can tell YOU that you have to try it. The menu is so unique and everything tastes amazing. The menu changes every day, but the online menu (below) will give you an idea of what they have. 

For starters, we had the Spring greens salad with apples and walnuts without cheese. Wonderful!

My Order: Coffee-rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Collard Greens and double Sweet Potato Fries instead of Succotash. First, the coffee on the meat was a new thing for me; although, my mom mentioned this weekend that she had an awesome espresso-rubbed ribeye at Carrabba's recently that she loved. It was great! The coffee is not as strong of a flavor as you would think but mixes very well with the meat. I may try making something like this at home soon. Collard greens are also new to my pallette, but I have yet to be disappointed. These were cooked with bacon. And, you know me and sweet potato fries... These were AMAZING. You could tell they were real sweet potatoes, and they had great flavor. Everything was wonderful, and the atmosphere is great. I highly recommend Kool Beanz - don't let the uniqueness of the menu intimidate you or you'll miss out on 3.5 years of Kool Beanz like I did. ;)

I also tried the duck with raspberry-jalapeno salsa. This was my first duck experience, and I was thoroughly impressed. It had so much flavor.

Kool Beanz Cafe Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment