April 4, 2014

New Leaf Market

Grocery/health-food store hot bars have become my thing recently. I love that I can get a minimal, healthy meal without the added restaurant no-nos and at a decent price. Tonight, a friend from school and I met at New Leaf for dinner. This was my second time ever at New Leaf and first time trying their hot bar.

Their selection is not as great as WholeFoods, which is to be expected; however, they had a great selection. I got, basically, all of the paleo options. But, they had other non-paleo options that looked great as well (including all natural soups). The salad bar was awesome!

Here's what I got:
  • Salad: Spring Mix, Spinach, tomatoes, cucumber/pepper salad, hard-boiled eggs, crushed pecans, Olive Oil Vinaigrette
  • Roast Chicken - This was a little dry, but the flavoring was really good, and I needed some protein.
  • Zucchini, Squash & Broccoli - I really appreciated these vegetables because they were just that... vegetables. Nothing else.
  • Juice: Grapefruit with Pineapple and Kale
After snacking all day on cucumbers and other vegetables at networking events, this meal was exactly what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment