April 16, 2014

Rainy Day

Ever just have one of those days? Yesterday was one for me. I woke up to find there was a Flash Flood Warning and prematurely convinced myself that my 8:00 class would be cancelled and I would have an extra hour in sweatpants and another cup of green tea. Wrong. Class wasn't cancelled. Silly me. So, I threw on my rainboots and went to class.

Class was actually the easiest part of the day. On my way home for lunch... Well, there are two ways of looking at it...
1. I looked like Mary Poppins gracefully struggling with an inside-out umbrella the whole way, and passersby got some comedic relief. OR the more realistic version...
2. My hair was a complete mess blowing in the wind/rain, and my umbrella decided it'd like to re-shape itself into a mangled mess while ignoring the fact that I'd like for it to provide some shelter from the rain. Refer to the picture to the left... This is what it looked like by the time I got home. Needless to say, it found its final resting place today in the law school trash can. R.I.P. Useless Umbrella.

Then, I had to go out in the torrential downpour to pick up my dry-cleaning. That wasn't too bad. Good news: The stain came out, and I have a suit to wear for my interview today! Yay!

By the way, my two-week-long headache was with me through all of this. Does anyone know of any natural headache remedies that actually work? I think it's a tension headache from pre-finals stress. Class was finally over for the day, and I came home and got ready for the gym.

At the gym, there was a baseball game going on, so I had to park in the garage which is a lot farther walk than the lot that everyone usually parks in for the gym. Of course that made things worse. But, boy did I need that workout. It was wonderful. I was happy as could be walking out of the gym and excited for dinner. I come home, make dinner and BOOM! Blowout fight with my sister. It must have been too good to be true that the workout turned the day around.

Either way, the takeaway (as my professors like to say) is We're all human. We're all going to have those days every now and then. Rely on the certainty of paleo that your next meal will be nutritious and give your body what it needs. Go for a run or a swim or a nice weights session to get endorphins flowing. Or just take a minute to breathe and stretch to let out some of the tension that can build up. Keeping healthy habits helps your body endure long days.

No comments:

Post a Comment