|Maple Scrambled Eggs & Sausage Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Recipe below)|
Paleo Biscuit with Sweet Potato Butter (Nuts.com) & Fried Egg - A paleo breakfast sandwich! This would also be great with leftover Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Recipe Book) instead of the sweet potato butter. I haven't made this biscuit recipe yet, but I plan to make them later this week... so I'll update you as soon as I render a verdict.
Maple Scrambled Eggs & Sausage Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, adapted from Julia's Album
Servings: 2; may be multiplied
1 sweet potato
1/4 lb. breakfast sausage
2 tsp. Grade-B maple syrup, divided
1 tbsp. almond milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 400. Slice the sweet potato[es] in half. Lightly brush with olive oil. Bake the sweet potatoes 40-45 minutes, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, brown breakfast sausage. Set aside.
3. Whisk eggs, season with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Scoop out the middle of the potatoes and mix/mash with 1 tsp. maple syrup and almond milk. Put the sweet potato "mash" back in the skins. Set aside. (I put mine in the microwave so they didn't lose all of their heat.
5. Scramble eggs in the same pan as you browned the sausage, using the grease. Mix sausage and 1 tsp. of maple syrup with eggs.
6. Top the sweet potatoes with scrambled egg mixture.
Sweet Potato Hash (Recipe Book) & Eggs - Heat up any leftover Sweet Potato Hash using the microwave and serve as a side to scrambled eggs or top with a fried/poached egg.
Sausage & Egg Biscuit with Sweet Potato Butter (Nuts.com) - You could also used Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Recipe Book) in place of the Sweet Potato Butter.
Simply fry a sausage patty in coconut or olive oil and put on a paleo biscuit (recipe here) spread with Sweet Potato Butter. Top with a fried egg.