April 19, 2014

Tilapia Experiment, Round 2

I tried another new tilapia recipe tonight: Zesty Grilled Tilapia

It didn't want to stay together from the grill to the plate.
I just happened to have an orange that I brought home from the race this morning, so I had everything I needed. It was pretty simple and came out well. I liked this better than last night's; although, I'm not convinced the flavor was strong enough. I think the coconut-mango rice that it's served with on the recipe must add a lot to the meal. In that case, I wouldn't completely discount this recipe. I think if it was made with something like this Coconut Cauliflower Rice, it'd be awesome! I'll keep it on my list of things to try and update you when I do. In the meantime, let me know if you beat me to it!

These vegetables that I made, though, were awesome! I had never touched portabella or baby bella mushrooms before, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Garlic Zucchini with Mushrooms
olive oil
1/3 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
2 small zucchini, quartered
1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
sea salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and onions. Sautee until onions are translucent and softened - about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and mushrooms. Seas with sea salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mushrooms should drastically shrink in size and become tender.

"Like" Resourceful Paleo on Facebook for updates in your Newsfeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment