April 12, 2014

Vertigo Burgers & Fries

Do you want the good news or the bad news? Alright, bad news first... The sweet potato fries stakes have been raised. Sorry, Andrews. Good news... I think I found the best sweet potato fries in town. Bad news again... I won't be able to stop.
I haven't started drinking the purely grass-fed kool-aid yet. Not because I don't think it's well-founded or healthier or more strictly paleo but simply because I don't have the funding. I'm still a struggling law student on student loans, so I do what I can. Anyway, I randomly texted an old friend the other night and came to find out he's been working at Vertigo Burger. Naturally, I looked up their menu... BEHOLD! They have a grass-fed burger on their menu. Oh, and did I mention they have sweet potato fries?

Okay, so I got the Straight Up (lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickle & mustard), Grass-Fed without cheese or ketchup, no bun and gluten-free sweet potato fries. Amazing. It was like a burger salad. I could actually taste the grass-fed difference; although, I haven't come up with a way to articulate it. I'll get back to you on that. Tip #24: Sandwiches aren't out of the question. Order any sandwich without a bun.
How beautiful is that? My sister got the Triple Throw Down (bacon, caramelized onions & horseradish sauce) without cheese, no bun
The sweet potato fries come with Bacon Mayo... Wait. What? Yes, bacon mayonnaise. Although, the horseradish sauce on the Triple Throw Down was better... we ordered like 3 extra sides of it. Regardless, the sweet potato fries don't even need anything on them. Oh, and I'm pretty sure they have sea salt on them. You could say I'm in love.

Vertigo Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment