April 23, 2014

Why Not Walk?

Driving is so overrated. I had lunch with friends about a half of a mile from my house yesterday. It would have taken me approximately 2.7 minutes to drive there, depending on red light; and, it was about a 10 minute walk. I figured, "Why not walk? I'll get some fresh air, burn some calories, save gas and clear my mind."

As I walked to and from lunch, I was so happy for my decision, regardless of the fact that I was carrying an apple and banana down the street on my way back and probably seemed slightly strange to those driving by.

If you're in a safe place and your destination is within walking distance, ditch the car keys and take a stroll. Especially if you don't have time to make it to the gym. It seems like you're doing something we do all day... walking, but you're burning calories and using your heart. Try it out... You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment