May 2, 2014

Avocado-Stuffed & Grass-Fed

Avocado-Stuffed Grass-Fed Applewood Bacon Burger

Okay, so, I have to tell on myself. Today has been my first 100% paleo day in 72 hours. The first mishap was a Sonic Blast at about 8:00pm while studying with a friend the night before my Contracts final. The second was in the midst of the closest to hell I've ever been, a/k/a 24-hour Contracts take-home final exam, when I binged on IHOP at 4am. Not one my proudest moments, but I was up all night and needed some sort of energy. I still haven't determined if it would have been a better idea to just order gluten-free pizza around 10:30 when my self-control still existed and I talked myself out of it.
After about 11 hours of sleep, I woke up today extremely stressed. And, it could primarily be a result of my grandfather stepping in and alleviating about 65% of my stress, but I feel great! I ate really clean today, and I feel a lot better. I haven't been cooking lately either, so it was a nice break to be in my element for 30 minutes and make these magical creations...

Here's what I did... 

1/3 lb. grass-fed ground beef - I found this on SUPER-SALE for $3.99/lb
1 tbsp. egg white (or 1 egg, if using 1 lb. beef)
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tbsp. minced onion
1/2 avocado
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 strip Applewood Smoked Bacon - I found this at the same place as I found the beef. You can use any type of bacon.

Throw the bacon in the oven at 375, and let it bake until you're done with the rest, checking it occasionally. Take it out if it starts to look crispy. Drain grease with paper towel. 

Mix the ground beef, egg white, chili powder, garlic powder, and minced onion with your hands and form two, thin patties. Mash the avocado with the lemon juice and garlic. Put the avocado mash in the center (on top) of one patty, leaving room around the edges. Place the other patty on top. Pinch the edges to seal in the avocado. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until hot. Fry the patties in the olive oil, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Top with the bacon, ripped in half. 
I served mine with Sauteed Spinach & Onions (Recipe Book) and put Dijon Mustard on my plate but really didn't need it. Yum!!!

Don't forget to "Like" Resourceful Paleo on Facebook for more paleo recipes/tips in your Newsfeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment