Today was my second day at my summer internship. I went to lunch with a Staff members yesterday and an attorney from the office today. I also learned that I'll be going to lunch with several important members of the firm throughout the summer. I'll post about each lunch meeting for menu tips and other ideas, as well. But, here are some things I keep in mind when ordering at lunch.
Order something that:
- will be easy to cut.
- doesn't have too much grease/sauce that could slop on the table or, even worse, your clothes.
- will be easy to consolidate into concise bites that fit on the fork. This will avoid those bites that you struggle to politely get in your mouth.
- Think burger without a bun.
- Cut your food well, so that your pieces are not too large. It's better to underestimate the appropriate size than overestimate.
- Ensure each bite is secure on the fork.
- Run the fork and knife through your salad before eating so any large pieces of lettuce are reduced.