May 3, 2014

Coconut Chicken Tenders

This is my favorite way to quickly dress up chicken breast. This recipe is adapted from "The Healthy Gluten-Free Life" by Tammy Credicott which, by the way, I highly recommend. This recipe only takes about 30 minutes altogether and is the perfect lunch! First, drizzle the chicken with coconut oil. Then, bread each piece with a proportional combination of

1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, flipping 1/2 way, then broil for 5 minutes.

For other quick and easy but yummy and nutritious meals, click here!

I made a lazy "honey mustard" with dijon mustard and raw honey by mixing the two on my plate. It's also really good with my Homemade Ketchup:

 Homemade Ketchup, Adapted from Nicki in the Raw
1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
1 cup hot water
2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
Put all ingredients in a small saucepan, using the hot water to empty the can of tomato paste. Heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil (which will happen really quickly). Reduce heat to low. Stir constantly until everything combines. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a glass jar or another air-tight container. Cool before serving. 

5/7/2014 Update: Here's a better way to make the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce (when you're not feeling lazy)...
2 parts dijon mustard
1 part honey
1/4 part rice vinegar

Don't forget to "Like" Resourceful Paleo on Facebook for recipes like this in your Newsfeed!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! Adding this to my meal plan for after vacation! I think the fam would all enjoy this and I LOVE simple. I've got a TON of shredded coconut to use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete