May 9, 2014

Fruitbowl Friday

FINALS ARE OVER! I survived the first year of law school. Since I'm moving (basically) across the country for the summer, I've been using what's in the kitchen/freezer as much as I can. Most of the meals this week came from staple ingredients I had, i.e., frozen meat, cashew flour, frozen veggies, frozen fruit. I spent a total of $10 on groceries this week!
  • Friday breakfast: Egg Whites with Coconut Milk and Frozen Fruit Smoothie
  • This meal kept me full for a surprisingly long period of time! 
    • Smoothie:
      • 1 cup coconut milk
      • 1/2 frozen banana
      • frozen mango
      • 3 frozen strawberries
  • Friday lunch: Leftover Turkey Chili with 1/4 Avocado
  • Friday dinner: Avocado-Stuffed Grass-Fed Applewood Smoked Bacon Burger w/ Spinach & Onions; Dessert: Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
    • The burger was AMAZING!
    • The pudding was great; although, it was more runny than usual. This may be because I used pourable coconut milk instead of canned. I topped mine with chopped walnuts.
  • Saturday breakfast: Homemade Chorizo & Egg-Whites with Mashed Avocado
    • The Chorizo is another recipe from my Cookbook Swap with a friend. Ever since Immokalee, I love chorizo and eggs. Well, really, since I studied abroad in Spain. I used Grass-Fed Ground Beef and the leftover mashed avocado from Friday night's dinner.
    • Homemade Chorizo, from "The Healthy Gluten-Free Life" by Tammy Credicott:
      • 1 lb grass-fed beef or pork
      • 3/4 tsp. sea salt
      • 2 tbsp. chili powder
      • 1 clove garlic, pressed
      • 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
      • 1 tsp. cumin
      • black pepper & red pepper flakes, to taste
      • Combine all ingredients the night before. Refrigerate overnight. Make in the morning, either ground or in patties with any breakfast sides you like. I did egg whites and fried eggs (two separate days).
  • Saturday lunch: Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard and Leftover Sauteed Spinach & Onions (Recipe Book)
    • Click the link for the recipe!
  • Saturday dinner: Baked Tilapia with Broccoli & Cauliflower
  • Sunday breakfast: Homemade Chorizo Patties (Recipe above) with 2 Fried Eggs & 1/2 Orange
  • Sunday lunch: WholeFoods Cafe
  • Sunday dinner: Ginger Lime Chicken with Carrots over Sauteed Spinach & Onions
  • Monday breakfast: Homemade Chorizo Patty with Scrambled Eggs & Coconut Yogurt with 1/2 banana
    • WholeFoods has a coupon for the SoDelicious yogurt, so I got more! It's actually really good.
  • Monday lunch: Coconut Chicken Tenders with Brussel Sprouts
  • EXAM: Clif Kit's Organic Cherry & Pumpkin Seed Bar
    • WholeFoods coupon makes these $1 this month, and they're just as clean as Larabars!
  • Tuesday breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Chicken Sausage & Coconut Milk Yogurt
  • Tuesday dinner: Blackened Chicken Wings from Harry's
  • Wednesday - Friday breakfast: Cashew Waffles with Sweet Potato Butter & Grade B Maple Syrup and Chicken Sausage
  • Wednesday lunch: Roast Chicken & Sauteed Cabbage
    • I was studying with a friend, and her wonderful brother brought us lunch from a little place in town that serves all local produce. Yum!
  • Wednesday dinner: Sirloin with Frozen Veggies
  •  Thursday lunch: Sirloin with Sauteed Plantains & Spinach
    • I bought a green plantain (starchy before it turns to sugar) and sauteed it in olive oil with minced garlic. I really liked them!
  • EXAM: Uber Larabar & Dried Turkish Apricots
  • Friday lunch: Chicken Tenders with Baked Sweet Potato 
With that, my freezer is empty! Woo hoo! BRING ON SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment