May 18, 2014

Mom's Ribs & Peach Cobbler

Sorry about my recent blogging sabbatical... It was not intentional. I've been away from my computer with family and friends, collecting recipes and things to blog about. So much to blog about! Tonight, my mom made ribs that she's been saving in the freezer to make when I'm home. Let me tell you, my mother is the goddess of ribs.

I wish I had a recipe to post for you, but I don't. Either way, she bakes them all day at around 325 and then grills them. This time - her first time making them paleo for me - she used a combination of 3 different gluten-free BBQ sauces. We also made sweet potato fries, paleo garlic bread rolls (Recipe Book) which I, somehow, messed up & Momma P (neighbor) brought an AWESOME salad.

Sweet Potato Fries
sweet potatoes
olive oil
arrowroot powder
sea salt
cinnamon

Cut sweet potatoes into fries - as thin as possible. Soak in cold water for 1-5 hours.  Drain and pat dry. Toss and coat with arrowroot powder. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Spread fries in a single layer. Drizzles with olive oil. Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes, turning periodically. As they seem to crisp up, take them off and put on a paper towel.

For dessert, I made paleo peach cobbler with fresh peaches we bought from a side-of-the-road stand yesterday on our way home from a family bike ride. Mom made paleo vanilla ice cream to go on top.

Paleo Peach Cobbler with Paleo Ice Cream
Remember how I said paleo is great and you don't ever feel bloated after eating... I take that back. You do get bloated if you eat three times as much as you should of ribs and sweet potato fries and then force yourself to eat paleo peach cobbler because there's no way you're passing that up. I have a food baby which is something I haven't experienced in a LONG time.

Is this not the cutest ice cream maker you've ever seen?
Paleo Peach Cobbler:
3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. arrowroot
1/4 cup agave
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups almond flour
3 tbsp. coconut flour
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Toss the sliced peaches with lemon juice, vanilla extract & arrowroot to coat the peaches. Put in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add extra almond flour if it seems to be too runny. Drop the batter over the peaches to basically cover. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 

Serve with paleo ice cream - we added cinnamon to a recipe for vanilla ice cream for some added flavor to go with the cobbler. (Recipe Book)

Don't forget to "Like" Resourceful Paleo on Facebook for more summer recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment