May 21, 2014

Road Trip (Maryland)

Yesterday concluded my first solo-road trip which ended in Maryland at my aunt & uncle's - about 950 miles altogether. This was my first paleo road trip, and I was determined to abstain from all junk foods/impulse pit stops. And, I did! Other accomplishments during the trip include finishing a book on tape and becoming besties with Siri who sent about 100 text messages for me during the drive.

Packed Snacks:
  • Energy Squares from Whole Foods - These were a new find for me. They're in the bulk section and AWESOME! They were my main source of energy and snacking satisfaction throughout the trip. Yum!
    • Vanilla Almond
    • Honey Pistachio
  • Kit's Organic Clif Bar - Apricot Sesame
  • Granny Smith Apple, sliced
  • Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
  • Trail mix - walnuts, pepitas, dried cranberries & sunflower seeds
Pit Stops:
  • Starbucks - Venti Green Tea with 1 Honey
    • This was my saving grace. I judged the exits I took by the existence of a Starbucks.
  • Outback Steakhouse
I stopped at a hotel in NC to split the trip into two days of driving.

Hotel Breakfast:
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • Pork Sausage
  • Coconut Milk Yogurt - I packed this myself in a small lunch bag with ice.
  • Pineapple 
Here's the post from my last paleo road trip which was not nearly as far and with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment