June 8, 2014

Blackberry Syrup

I'm really into alliterations lately. Considering today's breakfast menu, I really wanted to come up with an obnoxious one for the title of this post - so many "B" words were running through my mind... Breakfast, Blackberries, Bananas, Beautiful. You get my drift. I figured I'd save myself the embarrassment and this page its dignity.

 Either way, I had blackberries on the verge of spoiling, a banana that was either getting frozen or used and 2 eggs left. That means... banana pancakes and blackberry syrup.

Usually when I make banana pancakes, I use a banana that's been frozen. Today I used a fresh banana and used an electric mixer instead of a hand whisk which I usually use. The batter looked a little runny, so I added a few things. Here's what I did.

Fresh Banana Pancakes
2 eggs
1 banana
1/4 cup cashew flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix all ingredients together and fry in coconut oil.

Blackberry Syrup
1/4 cup blackberries
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat blackberries, water and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until boiling, stirring frequently. Once berries have softened, smash with a fork as much as possible. Continue stirring. Once it has boiled down, add vanilla extract and reduce heat. Simmer until pancakes are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment