June 7, 2014

Clean Cajun

I've been having serious WholeFoods withdrawals lately, so I stopped at the WholeFoods downtown Baltimore today on my way to my aunt and uncle's for the night. I didn't have any plans for dinner, so I picked just starting grabbing things with a skeleton of an idea in mind. Here's the list:

1 squash
1 zucchini
1 tomato
1 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
1/4 lb. Large shrimp
1 link Pork Andoille sausage

That's all you need for a great meal with so much flavor and no added ingredients.

Chop all of the vegetables into large chunks. Heat about a tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the veggies. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Cover and stir occasionally. 


Peel the shrimp and slice the sausage (leaving the case on). Heat about 1.5 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet. Add the sausage and sautee until almost fully cooked. They should brown and crisp on the edges. Sprinkle the vegetables with garlic powder. Add the shrimp and cook until pink on both sides. The vegetables should be tender and stewed by this point. 

Serve in a bowl with the shrimp and sausage over the vegetables. 


No comments:

Post a Comment