June 6, 2014

Paleo Cereal

There's no fruitbowl this week - I'm sorry! This job has me so busy, and I'm really not making anything exciting these days.

Cereal is one of the things that is almost completely cut out when your diet is paleo. But, there's something comforting about a bowl of yumminess and a spoon in the mornings. Some companies make products that are similar to cereal, but they're usually expensive and, obviously, not fresh.

So, I've come up with a way to circumvent the grains in most mainstream cereals. You can do this with almost any berry or chopped fruit and chopped nuts. Here's what I've done recently to make "paleo cereal."
  • Bananas & Chocolate - 1/2 banana sliced, raw cashews (broken into pieces), pecans (broken into pieces), cacao nibs and almond milk
  • Nuts.com Kale Granola, raisins, sliced almonds and coconut milk
  • Almond milk over blueberries, sliced almonds and chopped pecans

No comments:

Post a Comment