August 18, 2014

Florida Scallops

I am taking full advantage of the last few days of summer and relaxing as much as possible while I still can. Don't remind me that I'll be getting home from a day of classes class this time next week. Anyway, I went to the beach with a friend of mine this weekend and went scalloping with her family.

Talk about fresh!! I picked these suckers out of the ocean with my own two hands. Although, I have to say they're quite beautiful when they're in the water. The inside of their shells are lined with a beautiful metallic blue. Anyway, I did pretty well - bringing in 52 in one trip.
I didn't have much time for dinner tonight. But, that doesn't mean that dinner had to be crap. Here's what I did:

Quick Sauteed Scallops
~15 small scallops
3 tbsp. olive oil (less if using a non-stick pan)
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. thyme

Mix all of the spices together and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic cloves. Add the scallops and sprinkle with spices. Sautee until fully cooked, stirring frequently.

I paired mine with Sauteed Kale with Red Wine Vinegar and Sauteed Chicken seasoned with Paprika, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment