August 3, 2014

Paleo Beef Roast

My family has come to find that when I'm home the table will be being set for dinner around 6:30/7:00 every night with a healthy, home-cooked meal every night. Usually, the required groceries are minimal. This beautiful hunk of meat was in the freezer so I pulled it out and bought the following from the grocery store:

2 heads cauliflower
1 bag brussel sprouts
1 yellow onion
8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 can beef broth

Basically any piece of beef which can be roasted in the oven will work for this recipe.

A few hours later... there it was. A beautiful dinner on the table! I have to say, I was a little apprehensive as to how this piece of meat would fare, but it was wonderful!
I served it with Mashed Cauliflower (Recipe Book) which I mashed with 4 tbsp. ghee and 1 tbsp. thyme and Roasted Brussel Sprouts which I quartered (advice from my mom - still not sure how I felt about it) and roasted with olive oil and fresh garlic (advice from my mom which I really liked!).

Paleo Beef Roast
1/2 tsp. white or black pepper
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 yellow onion, sliced
8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 can beef broth

Place the roast in a roasting pan. Pour beef broth over the meat. Combine all seasonings in a bowl to create the rub. Rub the meat with seasoning mixture to coat the outside. Surround the roast with the onion and mushrooms. Roast at 300 until a meat thermometer reads between 155 and 165, depending on your preference. Baste the meat occasionally and, if you'd like, move some onions and mushrooms to the top of the meat once they have tenderized.

To serve, slice against the grain and top with onions and mushrooms.
Optional Gravy: Baste the liquid out of the roasting pan and put into a small sauce pan, leaving the onions and mushrooms. Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Combine 1 tsp. Arrowroot powder with 1 tbsp. water and slowly combine with the broth, stirring constantly until it congeals into a gravy.

"Like" Resourceful Paleo on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment