August 10, 2014

Pan-Seared Scallops with Bacon and Spinach

I can definitely tell that I am back in my zone... I have a WholeFoods, Trader Joe's and Publix nearby and my kitchen with even more exciting toys. That means so many new exciting recipes! Last night I made "Pan-Seared Scallops with Bacon and Spinach" from "the Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook" by Oxmoor House.

In brief terms - without copying the recipe verbatim - crisp the bacon and remove. Chop the bacon into small pieces. Pan-sear the scallops in bacon drippings - Use a large skillet with high heat and about 2.5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Add chopped yellow onion and sliced garlic - I did 3 jumbo cloves and 1 yellow onion. Sautee. Add spinach until wilted.

To serve: Top spinach with scallops and sprinkle with chopped bacon.

I blanched asparagus on the side. For this...
Blanched Asparagus
Fill a large skillet with water. Bring the water to a boil. Add the asparagus. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper & garlic powder. Let boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment