October 25, 2014

Featured Ingredient: Saffron

My sister told me she didn't care what I made for dinner; the only specification I had was that she was sick of ground beef. So, that led me to this Saffron Chicken with Parsley & Lemon recipe that I've been wanting to try, and it was great! This was my first time ever using Saffron, so obviously I felt super sophisticated. My aunt gave me some this summer, and it traveled to Pennsylvania and back with me.


I served mine with Saffron Cauliflower Rice (clearly, we needed to use more Saffron) and Garlic Green Beans.

For the Saffron Cauliflower Rice, I heated ~1/8 cup chicken broth in the microwave and dissolved a pinch of saffron in it and then combined that with the cauliflower rice, further sauteeing the "rice" until it was fairly dry.

For the Garlic Green Beans, I boiled fresh green beans and then strained them. Then, I tossed the green beans with ~1 tbsp. ghee which was mixed with 1 pressed clove of garlic and 1/4 tsp. onion powder. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment