October 23, 2014

Mid-Day Creations: Coffee-Marinated Burgers & Creamy Coleslaw

There's something about cooking in the middle of a weekday that makes me so happy. It's like a grown-up version of the feeling you got as a kid going through the fast food drive-thru with your parent for lunch on a day you got to skip school for whatever reason. It's away from your routine and fun, but you're not doing anything wrong. I just love it!

My sister needed help with a school assignment, so I took the opportunity to make lunch: Burgers & Coleslaw. Coleslaw mix was BOGO this week at the grocery store. Of course...



This "Best Creamy Coleslaw" Recipe from the Paleo Mom is fabulous! Rather than the separated veggies, I used the coleslaw mix. I used a whole package and eyeballed the sauce measurements. My batch required more than the recipe because I had a lot of veggies to cover. Also, I used regular mayonnaise because I didn't have time to make paleo mayo.

Quick & Easy Coffee Burgers:
0.5 lb grass-fed ground beef
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tbsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. chili powder
black pepper
1/2 cup strong-brewed coffee
coarse sea salt
  1. Mix everything but the coffee and sea salt together. Form ground beef into two patties. Marinate the burgers in the coffee for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
  2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet. Place the burgers in the oil. Flip after 5-7 minutes. Cook until done.
  3. Top with sliced avocado, turkey bacon & onion... and anything else you want. :)
P.S. Welcome, Turmeric, to my spice cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment