October 9, 2016

Green Juice

I made my first green juice today. The recipe, Cucumber Scallion, is on the Juicing page. I've been nervous about making a green juice because it seems so difficult, but I was really happy with how this one turned out.

A few things to mention:

I'm not sure juicing spinach is worth it. I used about 2 cups of spinach and swear I got, maybe, a teaspoon of juice. I'd rather eat it whole and get the fiber. This confused me, though, because it's in the green juices I buy at the store.

There are several health benefits to green onions that are added to this juice by including the green onion. I took a chance on this one and snipped a few stalks from my plant.  I'm glad I did; they add good flavor that is not overpowering. Among others, they have Vitamin A, C, and K. Your eyes will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment